Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Iqbal Tamimi - From a Saudi girl to USA President Obama ..please help


One might think that the young girls in Saudi Arabia are not affected by what is happening in Gaza and other parts of Palestine, but this is not true, children in every part of the world are feeling the despair and pain of their peers. This lead 12 years old Judy Lu’ay Khashokji to write a plea to USA president Barak Obama. Expressing in her own simple and moving words her feelings of pain and sadness caused by what happened to the children of Gaza. Her feelings are an example of the feelings of millions of Arab and Muslim children who witnessed that attack on Gaza leaving the children drenched in blood inside their schools and while sleeping in their beds at what used to be their families’ homes.

When Israel commits its crimes against Palestinians, the damage is far beyond the Palestinian borders, and this is an important issue that should be kept in mind, an aggression on children anywhere in the world is our business because it bounces back on our children’s feelings, Palestinians or otherwise. The children all over the world saw families killed in Gaza, they saw children of their own age under the rubble with parts of their bodies amputated by the Israeli DIME bombs, and others burned down by white phosphorus bombs. Such images charged the young girl to write an open letter to the American president to interfere and do something to save the children, her message reads:

To President Obama
Friday, January 16, 2009

My name is Judy Lu'ay Khashokji, I’m 12 years old and I live in Saudi Arabia. My school is Almarefah school (school of knowledge) in Jeddah. I would like to tell you about the war in the Gaza Strip because it is the worst war I've seen in my life, you're the President of the most powerful country in the world, only you can stop the war in Gaza. I say this not only because we are Muslims, but because we are children, and we know how children feel when they lose their parents. Worse even when parents witness their own children die in Gaza before their own eyes. Children are dying without committing any crime or taking any action against Israel, and without having committed any wrongdoing. I know you're a father and you have beautiful daughters, we saw them on television, they are of our own age and the age of the children killed in Gaza. Imagine how would you feel if anything bad happened to them, some children and infants are dying because of the explosions. And when they want to take them to the hospital, some children with no heads and no hands or legs. This is not fake because I saw them in the news in front of my eyes, you will be able to see yourself on the Internet in the Arab News, and I know you can do something to stop this war, please do so quickly before more children die, so when I saw it on TV and I saw it I cried. In my dreams it was the worst nightmare I've seen in my life. I think you can stop the tears of my dreams and disappointments. Before I finish the letter I want to tell you I saw the picture in the paper crying father and three of his children dead.

With love
Judy Lu'ay Khashokji

No comments: